about this site - release notes
31st August 2007
Moved hosting to Hetzner in Germany.
5th September 2002
Updated the links list>, a task which was long overdue given how many stale links had accumulated. The php file now parses a simple text file with the data which should make it easier to maintain. It's only an interim solution - the full solution is major bibliographic/meta-data engine which I'm currently working on in the background. Anyway, perusing hundreds of results from Google is not my favourite way to spend the evening, but someone has to do it. And if you're wondering why the date at the bottom of the links page says 4th September and it says 5th September here, that'll be because I'm in London and the server's in Pittsburg.
3rd September 2002
Updated search>. Search now includes thesis and seminar paper PDF files and most recent mailing list archives.
20th August 2002
Updated Mailing List Archive Index>.
Updated CSS to fix scrolling problem.
6th August 2001
Added thesis by chapter>. This offers individual downloads of each individual thesis chaper.
1st August 2001
The search engine> is finally live. It is based on htdig>, an open source site indexing engine. I have configured the results pages to conform to the site look and feel. There remain some outstanding issues with indexing PDFs, some MIME processing and the way in which HTML entities are rendered. These I feel are relatively minor, but will be resolved shortly.
30 July 2001
Minor release. Fixed two annoying Netscape things.
- added server-side code to index.php. If the browser is Netscape 4 for Windows, skips directly to contents.php. Fix was necesary as it was drawn to my attention that Netscape 4 could not make the "Proceed" button clickable, despite the HTML being completely valid.
- modified code slightly on mailarchive.php so that each line in the archive listing begins on a new line. Whilst this makes no difference to the HTML standard (on any normal browser), Netscape 4 made it go very small indeed.
- made all the main pages use the same footer. Some had been left out inadvertently.
- added this release notes section
- re-ran html tidy> to tidy up the code
27 July 2001
The latest version contains the reworked version of the mailarchives>, which contains both the Oxford and pairlist archives, reworked to conform to the new site look and feel.
The site has been changed slightly to take use of php-based includes which will significantly reduce the maintenance overhead when site wide changes need to be made.
© John King, 2017. Last updated Thu, 20th May 2010.